The Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults course aims to provide knowledge and practical skills to attendees. The course will cover legislation that relates to safeguarding vulnerable adults and places special focus on aspects of harm and abuse.
- Learning how to recognise signs of abuse
- Defining the terms ‘harm’ and ‘abuse’
- Explaining how to approach and manage a disclosure or any suspicion of abuse
- Using good communication and documentations skills for dealing with instances of harm or abuse
- Describing the different kinds of harm and abuse
Date: 11 September 2019
Location: Robertson House, The Robertson Trust, 152 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4TB
Refreshments will be provided on arrival and halfway through the training session and this includes a selection of tea, coffee and biscuits.
The venue is accessible for those who require wheelchair access, although this is located at the back of the building and not the main entrance at the front.
Places can either be booked through Eventbrite or by emailing Civicos Training directly at email@example.com and cost £62 per person. You do not need to bring a printed ticket to the event, as your contact details that will have been provided ahead of time will suffice. For cancellations, you must provide notice at least five working days before the event and you will be given the option to move to a later course if you wish.