This course ‘English for Educators: advance your career (Level I)’ is ideal for all those working in the field of education (primary, secondary and university teachers, university staff (academic & admin), adult educators, trainers & coaches) who want to improve their level of spoken and written English. It aims to give participants an overview of English grammar and vocabulary with special focus on acquiring and improving language skills in a dynamic and communicative way, through individual, pair and group work.
Course participants are provided with a combination of online resources, a variety of media and authentic and interesting texts. Emphasis is placed on developing the strategies for effective listening, reading and speaking in both informal and formal settings.
Upon completion, participants should be able to demonstrate improved comprehension, accuracy and fluency, which will enable them to participate in activities appropriate to academic and professional settings.
This course although structured, is designed to be flexible and can be adapted to suit the specific needs of the participants.
Important note: ‘English for Educators: advance your career (Level I)’ course is for teachers/educators and administrative workers who have an Elementary (A2) up to Intermediate (B1) level of English, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
• Understand the structures of English language and develop vocabulary and fluency
• Enhance self-confidence in spoken English in educational as well as professional setting
• Seize opportunities for cooperation with peers on international level
2. Speak English more articulately
3. Be capable to participate in business meetings where English is the official language
4. Gain self-confidence in speaking in formal settings where English is the working language.
2. Europass mobility certificates – to be issued by the applicant’s National Authority (NA)