Effective learning and teaching in adult literacies is session 3 of the revised Initial Training in Adult Literacies Learning (ITALL) pack. This session aims to consider barriers to learning and look at the role of the tutor in effective adult learning.
Participants should be able to:
- be able to identify barriers to learning and be aware of some strategies for overcoming them
- begin to engage with the roles and responsibilities of a tutor
- be aware that literacies learning involves complex capabilities
- understand the importance of previous learning and life experiences for adult learners
- appreciate the key role of evaluation when tutoring adults