FutureLabAE - How to design, implement and promote change-oriented adult education in the fields of democracy and digitalisation
We live in a rapidly changing word, where new challenges emerge every day. FutureLabAE-project has developed knowledge and resources for a more change-oriented and innovative learning provision.
Traditionally, adult education is regarded as the repair shop for educational systems. However, FuturelabAE Erasmus+ project (2018-2021) has challenged adult educators to take a more proactive role in solving modern day challenges. Adult education should analyse, debate, and shape future trends and develop educational measures to support individuals and societies to manage and change the society.
The project has produced several resources that adult educators, policy makers and education providers can use:
- An analysis of change-oriented practises in the fields of digitalisation and democracy. This publication explains the theoretical concept of change-oriented adult education. The publication is available in English in addition to a short version in French.
- Two online courses (which include recordings of the webinars) on digitalisation and democracy and adult education addressed to adult education organisations, staff and trainers. The recordings can be found on EAEA Youtube channel.
- Guidelines for educators and adult education providers on how to design and implement change-oriented adult education. The guidelines are available in English, French, Finnish, Portuguese, Slovakian and German.
- Recommendations for European, national and local policymakers who wish to foster and promote change-oriented adult education. The recommendations are available in English, French, German, Portuguese and Slovakian.
- Two methodologies on how to organise a workshop on digitalisation and democracy using change-oriented tools and methods. The methodologies are available in English and French.
- A repository of change-oriented practices and tools in the fields of digitalisation and democracy.
- The project also organised online events, some of which were recorded. The available recordings can be found via the FutureLabAE project webpage, or EAEA Youtube channel.
Articles published about the project:
- Change-oriented adult education – How do we go from reacting to changes to shaping the future?
- If we don't learn, we will have no democracy
- From a repair shop to a collaborative workshop – fostering change-oriented education
- Fostering change-oriented adult education – now it’s time to act!
FutureLabAE project has nine partners representing eight countries:
- Institut National de Formation et de Recherche sur l’Education Permanente (INFREP) – France
- European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA) – Belgium
- National Adult Learning Organisation (AONTAS) – Ireland
- Asociacia institucii vzdelavania dospelych v Slovenskej republike (AIVD) – Slovakia
- Kvs Foundation (Kansanvalistusseura sr.) – Finland
- University of Eastern Finland (UEF) – Finland
- Amar Terra Verde, LDA. (EPATV) – Portugal
- Die Wiener Volkshochschulen GMBH (VHS) – Austria
- Swiss Federation for Adult Learning (SVEB) – Switzerland