In 2000, at the World Education Forum in Dakar, Senegal, 164 governments agreed on the Dakar Framework for Action, Education for All: Meeting our Collective Commitments, launching an ambitious agenda to reach six wide-ranging education goals by 2015. UNESCO initiated the EFA Global Monitoring Reports in response, to monitor progress, highlight remaining gaps and provide recommendations for the global sustainable development agenda to follow in 2015.
The 2015 Global Monitoring Report provides a complete assessment of progress since 2000 towards the target date for reaching the Dakar Framework’s goals.
Part 1. Monitoring the progress towards education for all
- Goal 1: Early childhood care and education
- Goal 2: Universal primary education
- Goal 3: Youth and adult skills
- Goal 4: Adult literacy
- Goal 5: Gender parity and equality
- Goal 6: Quality of education
- Projections, EFA Development Index and countries with incomplete or missing data
Part 2. Post-2015
- Post-2015 education goal and targets: Status and prospects