Adult ESOL strategy
This refreshed strategy for English for Speakers of Other Languages sets out the importance and context of ESOL learning in Scotland. It draws links to a range of related policies and offers case studies of different types of provision.
The previous ESOL strategy was launched in 2007 and progress made since then is set out in some detail.
The 2015 ESOL Strategy consists of five strategic objectives linked to the Adult Learning Statement of Ambition:
- ESOL learners access and recognise learning opportunities throughout all stages, changes and circumstances in their lives
- ESOL learners co-design their learning experiences
- ESOL learners transform their lives and communities through learning choices in personal, work, family and community settings
- ESOL learners effectively influence strategy and policy at local and national levels
- ESOL learners are effectively supported in their learning journeys.
- There is also a focus on professional and workforce development, and on equality and diversity.