Cultural Diplomacy 2030 by Civil Society Organisations
Connecting formal and informal education, arts/culture with health settings, within the frame of Sustainable Development Education and the 17 UN SDGs.
The project aims to spotlight the role of the civil society organizations in support of sustainable development and its contribution to the realization of the UN SDGs as a common framework and tool for the development of the European Cultural Diplomacy.
Civil society organizations promoting Sustainable Development Education & Innovation through formal-informal SD-Education in collaborative research and by exchange of educational tools and methods for remote learning for further development and dissemination of participatory, inclusive activities, for accelerating civic transversal skills and resilience at cross-generational level, creation of job opportunities, support the European social integration and policy implementations in the practice of CSOs.
Following the Austrian Federal Constitutional Law and the priorities of the Austrian statecommitted to the practice and theory of Cultural Diplomacy with the forefront of Arts and Sciences, Technology and Innovation for the development of joint-efforts in the global sustainable development process by promotion of universal value; “recalling that cultural diversity, flourishing within a framework of democracy, tolerance, social justice and mutual respect between peoples and cultures, is indispensable for peace and security at the local, national and international levels, for the decade 2020-2030 as active contributors to the realization of the SDGs. Our cooperation in the sector of the civilian society, and with governmental and nongovernmental international institutions and organizations in Austria and worldwide, as well as with individuals who expressed interests to connect, have resulted in the sustainable development of our activities and long-term cross-sectoral partnerships for our further cooperation.
The sector of intervention: Cultural Diplomacy in the practice of the civil society in cooperation with governments, NGOs, military and defense, educational and cultural institutions, cultural associations, individuals
Cross-cutting issues: Austrian national priorities, EU principles, and values, global challenges and multilateralism
Our team invites representatives from the formal and informal educational institutions, Arts/cultural communities, health care organizations, and policymakers to discuss ideas about national policy on national and minority cultural communities regarding its adaptation to the current national, European and global endeavors toward the realization of the Sustainable development Goals, mainly spotlighting the role of the national arts/cultural and minority cultural communities for the realization of the SDG 4a, 4.7, 4.5, 5.1, 5.5, 8.9, 9.1, 10.2, 16.10, 17.16, 17.17
CSOs-2030- creates bonding-circles of cross-sectoral regional and European cooperation, fosters an open exchange of knowledge on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), addressing the EU priorities and national challenges, grasping opportunities created by new developments in digital learning. It creates stronger links to cultural and diaspora communities and civil society, recalibrating education systems to enhance social cohesions and active citizenship. Furthermore, the project CSOs-2030 will support sustainable innovation, job creation at a cross-generational level, improved working conditions, and a European sense of belonging through a continuous engagement with civil society organizations, diaspora communities, and social partners. It will also tap into the full potential of cultural heritage, arts, and cultural and creative sectors and industries. Research and innovation in SD education will support the access to our common European heritage through new learning formats, and by developing solutions for resilient, sustainable, and inclusive learning connected with opportunities intercultural in Europe. New, participatory research and learning models, leadership, and management models for cultural and diaspora communities will be developed to increase Europe’s cultural relations and safety. The conceptual framework for CSOs, cultural and diaspora communities based on SDG-related activities will be developed to enhance regional and European social integration by following the paradigm-shift from the preservation of national cultures, traditions, and practices through its promotion, toward its sustainable development within the framework of the UN Agenda2030 and the European policies
1. Analyse good practices and knowledge on regional challenges in education, social integration, health, and develop innovative pedagogical curricula from worldwide research and exchange of best practices and its further optimization in collaborative and transdisciplinary settings to create novel formats for remote learning and teaching for SDGs on the cross-sectoral and cross-generational level. It engages students in higher education, academics, and practitioners starting from the elementary level of education and supports cross-sectoral intercultural SD-Education and practice; investigative research-based language learning for youth with migration background, refugees, all who are in need of local/state language learning.
2. Develop SD-educational materials for remote learning to be practiced in formal and informal settings, enhance cooperations among regional formal educational institutions with cultural /art institutions and communities and diaspora communities; strengthen intercultural communication to widen social competencies for life in diverse communities; enhance knowledge co-creation on sustainability as an attitude and lifestyle. It engages students in Higher Education, academics, experts, and trainers in Edu2030-co-lab for educational needs (from elementary to academia) and the labor market.
3. Strengthen transversal skill development through cross-border exchange and collaborative learning practices through ICT. It engages students in Higher Education, academics, and practitioners in a mix of e-learning sessions of Edu2030-co-lab work.
4. Frame the findings from research for policy recommendations, scale-up, and spread out the benefits of collaboration, good practices, and knowledge transfer of SD-education (Open Science platform publications) and transversal skill development at the European level. CD-2030 framework for agendas and tailored trainings. It engages students in Higher Education, academics, and professionals in IT
This project introduces a methodological framework that integrates the arts_sciences_cultural diplomacy to facilitate: (1) transdisciplinary learning, focusing on regional and European sustainability challenges and in the cultural diplomacy education and practice of CSOs; (2) participatory process, bringing experience-based knowledge into conversation with research-based knowledge; and (3) collaborative sustainability action, inviting students, professionals, and practitioners from formal and informal educational institutions, organizations, cultural and diaspora communities with military and security organizations, health care providers and social enterprises to envision and enact sustainable alternatives where they live with an impact on European mutual benefit by dissemination and application of good practice.
Research overall approach: transdisciplinary, collaborative practice-based action research, intersectuall approach, including gender approach;
qualitative and quantitative methods; UN SDG 5Ps and 3 pillars applied in research methodology.
Gender perspectives: including a variety of approaches, theories, priorities
Education: SD-e based on U. Bronfenbrenner's eco-social system, inquiry-based learning, applied UNESCO SD-E and art education-road map; Management, Organization, Design thinking method applied, collection of theories, methods, and practices in education from regional partners;
The literature review will establish a glossary consisting of the most important terms deriving from multi-approach research, defined in a variety of diverse epistemologies used by students, professionals, and practitioners in their research and practice
1. Report on Innovation in SD-Education (virtual formats)
2. Learning Curricula for virtual SD-Education in formal and informal settings
3. Learning modules for virtual SD-Education
4. Edu2030-co-lab: collaborative e-learning platform
5. Inventory of Good Practices in virtual SD-Education
Short-term (monthly) Focus groups inTalk Sessions
*with researchers “Cartographs of virtual-formats, collection of data, case studies)
*with educators (formal-informal art, intercultural and multilingual virtual formats ESD- “IkuBi2030-edu”; SDG-math: 4.7+17.17+5.5= 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,...17
*with practitioners (representatives from CSOs, cultural and diaspora communities “What matters, where, how to manage it, who pays attention?”
°Intensive program inTalk Sessions for SDG-learners and researchers (annually 4 Seasonal 1-2-weeks intensive programs) organized by partner organizations
Additional informations and explanations:
ACD-Agency for Cultural Diplomacy will participate in the project as an external consultant. ACD-president has composed the overall project description and conceptual framework.
By project successful application (ERASMUS 3, HORIZON C-2) further activities can be considered to be delivered by ACD-tam of experts/advisors:
a) participation in research design, participation in activities related to research methodology; - coordination by general communication among partners;
b) following educational formats, sessions, and consultancies: -IkuBi2030-SDG-learning model (from elementary level to academia); - distributed and guiding-Leadership seminars; Gender&diversity workshops; -Design thinking and Serious Play method, Worlding method for creative language learning; Cultural Diplomacy2030-in practice and theory, the conceptual framework for CSOs;-inTalk session consultations, Ethics and Compliance seminars, Art-education methods, Resilience program sessions for cross-generational use, and more.
We are currently in collaboration with about 12 partner organizations, envisioning applying for HORIZON C2 or ERASMUS K3. Looking for project applicant from Austria or our partner countries /(Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Cypress, Croatia, Niederlande)
Tatjana Christelbauer MA
ACD-Agency for Cultrual Diplomacy association President and Founder