Restorative Justice for All (RJ4All) is an international institute with a mission to advance community cohesion and human rights locally, nationally and internationally. We redistribute power in a more equal way by delivering social justice projects, educational programmes and high quality volunteering opportunities to the most marginalised groups of society.
We do this by using the power of education, sports and arts as well as the practices (mediation, conferencing, circles, dialogue, workshops) and values of restorative justice including power sharing, fairness, equality, dignity and respect. RJ4All is the leading Europe-wide restorative justice network with members from over 40 countries.
We achieve our charitable aims by:
- Carrying out educational projects and information campaigns in the interest of children and young people, communities, victims and marginalised groups at the local, national and international levels.
- Providing internships to young people, those at risk of being affected by crime and marginalised groups as well as high quality volunteering opportunities involving social action
- Bringing harmed parties together (directly or indirectly) through restorative justice to negotiate solutions and restore the harm that they experienced
- Increasing public awareness of restorative justice, human rights and inter-cultural dialogue.
- Carrying out evaluations and research on restorative justice, criminal justice, human rights and equality programmes
- Building bridges between grass communities and the powerful, as well as acting as learning network between practitioners, researchers, policy makers and users of the justice system
- Increasing knowledge and pushing the boundaries of restorative justice especially in contested areas of practice (e.g. domestic violence, sexual abuse and hate crimes).
- Making restorative justice more accessible to young people, junior researchers, students, practitioners, policy makers, the public and the media.
- Influence international, regional and local policy, legislation and practice.
- Providing expert, tailored and independent advice on restorative justice, human rights, equality and criminal justice.