Is adult learning needed in your country? What benefits does it bring and what is the evidence? What are the different kinds of adults and their learning needs? EPALE would love to hear your thoughts on these questions and more in this online discussion.
Share your opinion on any of the topics below and engage with your peers from across Europe in this online discussion moderated by EPALE Thematic Coordinator Markus Palmén.
- What does ‘adult education’ mainly mean in your country for the everyday citizen? What is the main mental association?
- One way to classify adult education could be to divide it into formal, non-formal, and informal. Does one type of adult education dominate in your country? Is this classification relevant?
- What are the different types of adult learners in your country and what needs do they have?
- How can adult learning best cater for these groups’ needs?
- Who are the main providers of adult education in your country? How are they funded? Who sets the pedagogic agenda and syllabi?
- What impact does adult education have in your country? To your knowledge, what evidence is there of this impact?
- Who advocates for and promotes adult education in your country?
** Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below by 28 September!