1. ABOUT THIS COURSE
Tablets have been said to change the way we teach and learn. Join our course and gain more know-how! This Tablets in Education – Update Your Pedagogical Approach -course aims to deliver new ideas and give good skills to implement tablets into everyday teaching and learning. The course focuses on updating pedagogical methods into today’s challenges and forever changing ICT-world. We do this by having hands-on tablet workshops and reflection talks, learning from each other as well as sharing the insights of the Finnish education system (OECD’s International Educational Pisa Survey leader since 2000). The practical views of the successful system will be explored also by school visits and talks, including local educational professionals as speakers.
This course focuses mainly on iPads, but most of the examples, apps & ideas will also fit the needs of the Android users.
2. WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
- What are the secrets of the Finnish education and how to implement them
- Think outside the box: use creative learning tools and update your pedagogical approach
- How to hear your learners’ voice and activate them all
- Become (more) confident to use tablets: devices, apps and online tools
- Gain more knowledge of ICT: educational apps
- What kind of apps you can implement into your own lessons / subjects
- How to deliver more inclusive lessons (UDL-method)
- Hear about other practical European examples of tablets in education
3. WHAT TO BRING:
- An iPad or Android tablet (but you can also lend one from us)
- An open mind to learn and have some fun!
- The will to learn from each other