SHIELD: Erasmus+ KA2 Project kick-off meeting in Limassol (Cyprus)
A new project is starting! The kick-off meeting of SHIELD “Development of a VET Training Program to upgrade the Skills on Health and Safety Risks for Offshore Construction Workers” project took place in Limassol on the 31st October 2017.
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ programme KA2 Strategic Partnerships for VET, the project involves five partners from five different countries, coordinated by ShipCon Limassol Ltd. from Cyprus. The other partners are: I-Box Create S.L. (Spain), PREVIFORM (Portugal), Stichting Project Realisatie van Initiatieven door Modulatie van Entrepreneurschap (The Netherlands) and Asociatia Centrul European Pentru Integrare Socioprofesionala ACTA (Romania).
During the first meeting the tasks for the next 6 working months were discussed in detail and allocated. In addition the general aspects of Project Management, Dissemination and Quality requirements were discussed and agreed in line with the project application.
The main aim of the SHIELD project is to improve the Skills and Ability levels of Offshore Construction workers in Europe, particularly those from South and Eastern countries. This will be primarily done through providing basic knowledge on specific Health&Safety through an innovative and open digital training toolbox.
- Develop a basic training program on H&S for Offshore industry, including Construction, Gas and Oil
- Develop a pilot training programme for 16 Trainers during 10 days in Den Helder to test the training content
- Develop a MOOC containing the previous program
- Virtual piloting of the MOOC course for 24 trainees
- Dissemination activities including 6 Multiplier Events, attracting +200 participants
- Develop measures to validate the ECVET certification
SHIELD will produce an e-learning platform for a MOOC course devoted to H&S Offshore Construction, particularly for those countries where local/national regulations do not specify or include Offshore Construction in their H&S planning. The project aims to recognise this training through ECVET certification, therefore a Curriculum will be created ensuring a common profile to allow EU Mobility.
The results of the project will be posted on the EPALE Platform when they are available.
- Companies, in particular Offshore Construction and relevant key staff in those industries, e.g. workers, foremen, engineers.
- Construction workers with no experience on Offshore Works who are willing to enhance their knowledge and skills as they are interested on Internationalization
- Other stakeholders: VET providers, chambers of commerce and industry, industrial associations, foundations relating to Offshore Construction, etc.
- Professional H&S trainers from Southern EU countries with not or few experience
HOW TO JOIN THE SHIELD PROJECT
Please join the SHIELD community on https://shield-project.es/ (link is external). You will access our “Deliverables for download” as the project will accomplish the defined milestones.
Like us on Facebook (link is external)
Follow us and share your experience and ideas about Offshore PRL on Social Media using #shield_eu