Professional Certificate in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness
Applications are now opened for the course in ‘Professional Certificate in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness’ at IICP College.
Mindfulness is increasingly recognised as a valuable intervention in counselling internationally. In the field of medicine, more Irish doctors now recommend mindfulness to patients. Millions of people around the world practice mindfulness to enhance their experience of living. Put simply, mindfulness involves continually returning your awareness to your present-moment stream of experience in a non-judgmental way.
- Definitions and purpose of mindfulness.
- Exploration of the use of mindfulness with clients.
- Exploration of the use of mindfulness in your own life.
- Consideration of the scope and limitations of mindfulness as a therapeutic tool.
- Opportunities to role-play in triads as therapist, client and observer using participants’ own case work.
- Opportunities to practice mindfulness during the course days and guidelines for practice at other times.
- An introduction to the basics of Buddhist psychology from which mindfulness emerged.
- Understanding how Buddhist psychology ‘fits’ with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and other Western approaches.
Who is this Course for?
This course is intended for therapists, mental health practitioners and for those professionals who would like to add mindfulness to the range of clinical interventions available to them. Additionally, it is ideal for those who would like to use mindfulness in their own lives. Participants will gain a rewarding life skill and a valuable tool for intervention.
-Monday 22 June 2020
-Monday 29 June 2020
-Monday 05 October 2020
-Monday 12 October 2020
-Monday 19 October 2020
10.00am to 4.00pm
Duration 3 days
For details and to apply, please visit here.