Second Call for Project Proposals
As the national contact point for the Interreg MED Programme 2014-2020, the Territorial Cooperation Unit within the Funds and Programmes Division, Ministry for European Affairs and the Implementation of the Electoral Manifesto would like to announce that the second call for project proposals under this programme shall be launched on Monday, 30th January 2017.
The call, which will remain open until Friday, 31st March 2017, shall be issued for two different kinds of project proposals: ‘Integrated’ projects and ‘Single module’ projects.
‘Integrated’ projects must include all three modules of Studying, Testing and Capitalising and must focus on one of the following themes:
1. Green economy, blue economy, social innovation, cultural and creative industries. These themes address Priority Axis 1 – ‘Promoting Mediterranean innovation capacities to develop smart and sustainable growth’.
2. Sustainable urban transport. This theme addresses Priority Axis 2 – ‘Fostering low-carbon strategies and energy efficiency in specific MED territories: cities, islands and rural areas’.
3. Sustainable tourism and marine protected areas. These two themes address Priority Axis 3 – ‘Protecting and promoting Mediterranean natural and cultural resources’.
Integrated projects shall have a maximum duration of 48 months and may receive an average of €5M ERDF each. Each project should consist of not more than 15 partners.
‘Single module’ projects will consist of only one module from ‘Capitalising’ or ‘Testing’. The total allocated ERDF budget for this type of call is €30M of which half will be reserved for ‘Capitalising’, which is the more required module from the two. ‘Testing’ projects are eligible only if their interest is demonstrated in subthemes not tackled in the projects that have been selected under the first call.
The following Axes are to be addressed under the call for ‘Single module’ projects:
1. Priority Axis 1 – ‘Promoting Mediterranean innovation capacities to develop smart and sustainable growth’.
2. Priority Axis 3 – ‘Protecting and promoting Mediterranean natural and cultural resources’. (Please note that projects presenting the ‘Testing’ module are not required for Strategic Objective 3.1 – ‘Coastal and Maritime Sustainable Tourism’.)
Eligible partners include national public authorities, public equivalent bodies, private and international organisations, and key actors such as research centres, associations, chambers, universities and other educational institutions, enterprises, etc, that are established within the Programme’s eligible area. Projects are co-financed at 85% ERDF of the respective eligible expenditure or 50% (for partners under GBER regulation 651/2014).
The Territorial Cooperation Unit within the Funds and Programmes Division would like to inform all interested applicants that an info-session shall be held on Wednesday, 15th February 2017 in the morning at The Fortress Builders, Fortification Interpretation Centre in Valletta to provide information about the call and to address any queries. Further details in this regard as well as the registration form shall be issued in due course.
Interested applicants are highly encouraged to start the necessary preparatory work. Information may be obtained from the Division’s websiteand the Programme’s website .
The Territorial Cooperation Unit can be contacted on 22001142 and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org