MIGRANTECH: The digital incubator, a springboard to learning and employment for migrants and refugees
MIGRANTECH is a cooperation partnership (Key Action 2 of the Erasmus+ programme), coordinated by AMSED (France) and its partners Anatolia Youth Association (Turkey), Factor Social (Portugal) and Familles du Monde asbl (Belgium). The primary goal of this two-year project (2020-2022) was to promote the learning and employability of migrants and refugees through an e-learning programme enabling them to develop the key, transversal and digital skills most valued on the labour market. In addition, the partnership had several specific objectives:
- To understand and identify the skills most relevant to migrants' and refugees' access to work and most sought after by companies and employers;
- To enable educators and integration professionals to broaden and adapt their knowledge and to develop skills that help to bring their audience closer to the labour market;
- To provide tailor-made e-learning tools and methods for professionals working with migrants and refugees in order to facilitate their socio-professional inclusion;
- To address education and training as key elements for the promotion of social cohesion and integration processes;
- To promote coexistence between host companies and migrant and refugee communities;
- To combat discrimination against migrants and refugees.
In order to achieve these objectives, the last two years have been rich in activities: we conducted a major survey among training and employment professionals, employers and migrants and refugees themselves in order to identify the most relevant skills for their employability; we organised a seminar for the exchange of good practice in Brussels (Belgium); we created a booklet of recommendations and a manual of good practice related to e-learning for migrants and refugees; designed and developed a training programme composed of 40 e-learning modules on various themes related to the skills identified (professional communication, job hunting & business creation, well-being and mental health at work, cross-disciplinary skills and soft skills, digital skills, and more.); and developed an online learning guide. All these tools are freely available in 5 languages (French, English, Portuguese, Dutch and Turkish).
We also organised an e-tutor training course in Izmir (Turkey), followed by a local training course with 20 new participants in each country: in total, 100 e-tutors were trained and are now able to accompany migrants and refugees through the MIGRANTECH e-learning programme.
To see all these results or to find out more, go to our online platform : https://www.migrantech.org/ !