The Series consists of 3 parts, delivered in 3 days, online. On each day, the course starts at 14.00 CET, and the duration is 120 minutes each (90 minutes presentation and 30 minutes for questions)
You can attend the whole course or register for any part(s) separately.
Day1 (9 November): Essentials of the Financial Rules in H2020 and Horizon Europe
The course starts by introducing the essentials of the financial rules of H2020 and Horizon Europe: planning, calculating, reporting, reviewing. Provides a sound understanding of the financial rules of the Horizon 2020 Annotated Model Grant Agreement.
- Budgeting and planning: Why it is the most crucial part?
- What is a cost-reimbursement? What is lump-sum financing?
- Actual costs and unit costs? Which one should I choose?
- What makes any cost eligible? How to make them eligible?
- Linking a cost to the project? What makes them direct costs?
- Can I report indirect costs? If not, why not?
Day2 (10 November): Personnel Cost calculation in H2020 and Horizon Europe
The second part of the Series goes into detail on the Personnel Cost calculation in H2020 and Horizon Europe by discussing the following topics:
- Who and when can be charged to the project?
- Actual or unit-based personnel costs calculation – so what?
- Identifying eligible salary costs
- Calculation routes – monthly or yearly?
- Productive hours – should I accept 1720?
- Freelancers and temporary employees
- Secondment – what is the added value?
- What makes a timesheet bulletproof?
Day3 (11 November): Third parties, Subcontractors and other direct costs in H2020 and Horizon Europe
It helps you to understand the difference between third-parties and subcontractors, introducing the concept of the Linked Third Parties, and explains one-by-one the other direct cost reporting protocols.
- Third-party articles – why there are more than one?
- Resource needed or service outsourced?
- Subcontractors or Linked third parties?
- Which one should be foreseen? Which one would your office prefer?
- Travel costs – for employees and for others – is there a difference?
- Equipment and other assets – how to calculate your facility costs efficiently?
- Other goods and services – what’s in here?
- How about internal cost transfers and charges? Are they eligible?
- Funding rates, receipts, CFS rules and payments – learn them all!