As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the closure of education and training institutions all over the world, several initiatives have been launched as a means of ensuring that learning and teaching continue throughout this period. In order to appreciate the variety of initiatives that have been implemented, the European Commission has launched an online survey.
The survey went live on 18th March 2020 and has received more than 200 responses so far, with participation from representatives from 27 Countries.
The survey looks at:
- the organization of VET provision as a means of facing the COVID-19 situation
- the provision of vocational-specific content in a work-based learning, apprenticeship or practical context
- VET related online teaching and training (both job-specific and/or general) that could be useful for other countries to use
- specific information about online materials that VET providers may find useful
- suggestions on how to share information with teachers, trainers or policy makers from other countries to ensure the continuity of VET provision during this COVID-19 emergency
- suggestions on what kind of support the European Commission could provide.
To learn more about the results of the survey gathered so far, please read the published Overview: http://ec.europa.eu/social/vocational-skills-week/fight-against-covid-19_en
To take part in the survey on how to address the Covid-19 emergency as vet providers and policy makers, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/VETproviders-COVID19