Development Cooperation – Humanitarian Aid
- Evaluation (M&E) in Development Cooperation (DC and Humanitarian Assistance (HA)
- Bookkeeping, Fundraising, Financial Reporting and Audit
- Project Management in DC and HA
- Methods, Tools of Communication & Presentation
- Internship in companies or institutions / (12 weeks)
January – July
May – November
September – March Duration: 7 months incl. 3 months internship Program starts usually three times a year. Planned number of participants: 24 Seminar hours: 720 The programs consist of attendance modules and online seminars.
Language of instruction is English, but some parts will be conducted in German!
We invite graduates from universities of applied sciences and universities in the fields of social sciences, economics, natural science, humanities, engineering, law, geography or with comparable degrees to apply to our program. Furthermore people with work experience in Development Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid or the non-profit sector in general who are interested in learning Project Evaluation and Financial Audit are highly welcomed to apply. Please consider that the field of international project Evaluation and Audit requires high mobility, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure. Also suitable for refugees and migrants with a university degree. Language skills: German B1, English B1 (aim to reach B2/C1)
Organizations and institutions of international cooperation, development cooperation and humanitarian aid / assistance looking for people who are not only competent in the respective project focus (e.g. economics, forestry, agriculture, gender, law, etc.), but at the same time also have in-depth knowledge of project management and are explicitly familiar with financial and project management.
The required methods of evaluation (M&E), bookkeeping, fundraising, financial reporting, audit and project management will be covered in the training course "Coordinator in International Project Evaluation and Financial Audit". The focus of the program is the preparation of the participants for complex and challenging work in global institutions for development cooperation and humanitarian assistance, companies (“Public-Private-Partnership“) and international operating NGOs.
Goals of the Training:
In the theoretical and practical lessons, participants will learn how to use the concepts and methods of Evaluation and Audit of projects in the field of development cooperation (DC) and humanitarian aid (HA). At the end of the training, graduates have in-depth knowledge of M&E and Financial Audit tools and are qualified to conduct an Evaluation and Audit with the framework's requirements by development cooperation and humanitarian aid donors. Graduates are experts in Evaluation and Audit of projects.
The duration of the training is 7 months in total. Parts of the program will be conducted in collaboration with lecturers from the University of Kassel and the DITSL (German Institute for Tropical and Subtropical Agriculture). Lecturers include professionals from internationally operating institutions and companies. These lecturers also provide a direct contact to the future working environment. Parts of the program will be held in conjunction with the participants of the training course “International Project Management”.
A successful access to the job market will be assisted by intensive application trainings and assessment center training and furthermore by an internship in selected institutions and companies.
I. Evaluation (M&E) in Development Cooperation (DC) and Humanitarian Assistance (HA)
- History and overview of evaluation approaches
- Theory and Methodology of Impact Evaluations (DAC Criteria)
- Social context of evaluations and the role of evaluators
- Planning and conducting evaluations
- Information gathering, organizing and using
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection methods in the evaluation (Statistical Concept and Research Methodology)
- Qualitative and quantitative evaluation procedures for evaluations (Data analysis and interpretation)
- Indicators, function and development
- Writing TORs and Evaluation Report
- Practical Exercise/ Workshop: M&E
II. Bookkeeping, Fundraising, Financial Reporting and Audit in DC and HA
- Budgeting, Calculation, Documentation and Accounting
- Financial Reporting – (BMZ, AA, ECHO and Europe Aid)
- Procurement Procedures: Tender Offers, Customs, Regulations
- Accountability/ Transparency/ Corruption
- International Funds & Fundraising
- Strategic and Operative Planning of Fundraising
- Audit Objectives, Scope, Methodology and Approach
- Areas for Audit examination and Reporting
- Accounting Software / Excel and MS-Project Training
- Practical Exercise/ Workshop: Budgeting, Accounting and Audit
III. Project Management in DC and in HA
- Project cycle management and Agiles Project Management (Scrum) - Management Instruments of DC (Logframe, Results-Based Management) - Participatory rural appraisal and Gender Mainstreaming - Disaster risk management and climate change adaptation & mitigation - Proposal Writing (BMZ, AA, ECHO and EuropeAid)
IV. Methods, Tools of Communication
- Effective Team Leading & Management
- Evaluation Tools and techniques (Interview, Focus Group Discussion, Moderation, Objectives Diagram, Problem diagram, Decision diagram, Context indicator, SWOT analysis, Survey, Cost effectiveness and efficiency analysis)
V. Internship Institution / Organization / Company (12 weeks)
Obligatory internship here in Germany or abroad. Also possible in Non-EU countries in Europe, North America, Asia or Africa.
VI. Final Assessment Week in Witzenhausen
Written Exam and final assessment in front of examination board
Phases of the Training:
A: Seminars / Workshops / Group Work / Excursion (17 weeks)
B: Internship in an institution or a company (12 weeks)
C: Final Test / Examination (1 week)
Test various modules during the training phases. Final presentation in front of the examination board.
Fee: 6.206,58 €
Payment in instalments: 7 instalments of 967,83 €.
Measure Number: 435/118/2021
Sponsorship through Education Voucher:
The program can be supported by the German employment agency ‘Agentur für Arbeit’ and the ‘Job Center’ (ALG I or ALG II through the education voucher Bildungsgutschein).
Applications for the Training Program:
Please send a short letter of motivation (Email preferred) and your CV with photo to Mr. Werner Gebing at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Application Deadline!
If you are interested in our upcoming training program, please contact us by phone or email.
Phone: 05542 5029170 Email: email@example.com
You are welcome to visit us in Witzenhausen for an individual consultation.
Feel free to call us for any questions.
Steinstraße 19 (Standort Universität)
Fon: +49(0) 5542-502 917-0
Fax: +49(0) 5542-502-917-5