Lifelong Learning Center (Macedonia) together with partners from Romania, Germany and Macedonia implement the project Addressing the Regional Labor Market Needs through Development and Certification of New Programs for Adult Education (ADULT-REG) no. 2015- 1-MK01-KA204-002828 between 01.09.2015 - 01.09.2017. The overall objective of the project is to address the skills needs which exist at regional level in Macedonia and Romania. The basic premise is that labor market needs vary across different regions within a country. These regional needs are generally under-explored in both Macedonia and Romania. Good data broken down at regional level are not available. As a consequence, adult education programs offered by adult education providers (AEP) often do not address specific regional needs, which has relevant effect both on employment as well as on regional competitiveness.
To this end the specific objectives of the project are:
- To thoroughly research regional labor market skill needs in 2 pilot regions in Macedonia and 2 pilot regions in Romania.
- To develop, through a process of transnational cooperation and exchange of expertise and experience, and in cooperation with regional AEPs, 4 adult education programs per country (2 per region) or a total of 8 AE programs which would address regional skills shortages.
- To organize the certification of these programs with competent national authorities in Romania and Macedonia.
- To pilot the training programs with the partner AEPs from the selected pilot regions in Macedonia and Romania, and to further disseminate the programs to other AEPs.
The process would involve AEPs in the assessment of needs, the development of the training curricula, and the certification procedure. Expertise would be transferred by DVV International on assessment, and curricula development, as well as on adult training methodology.
National competent authorities will be invited to the meetings and training workshops to take part in the debate on challenges to certification of new training programs.
The project will also undertake a broad dissemination of the project results. A regional conference will be organized (multiplier event) to promote the results of the project. The new curricula will be disseminated to all interested AEPs. In addition, policy makers will be invited to focus more strongly on regional labor market needs, and AEPs will also be encouraged to think in regional terms when developing their programs. This will strengthen their regional role and is expected to result with higher enrollment rates in adult education. The medium to long term impact is strengthened regional competitiveness.
Applicant Organisation: Lifelong Learning Center, Macedonia - www.lifelonglearning.mk
- DEUTSCHER VOLSHOCHSCHUL- Verband EV (DVV Internaționl), Germany - www.dvv-international.de
- ASOCIAȚIA 'EUROED', România - www.euro-ed.ro
- Community Development Institute, Macedonia - www.irz.org.mk
- Opstinska javna USTANOVA - Otvoren Graganski Univerzitet za dozivotno ucenje Joska Svestarot Strumica, Macedonia;
- ”Gheorghe Sincai” Bihor County Library - Oradea, România - www.bibliobihor.ro
- The Popular School of Arts and Crafts, Râmnicu-Vâlcea, România.
The project is financed through the Erasmus+ programme, Key action: KA2 - Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices