Do you have an idea for an EPALE blog? We always love to hear your ideas, but now you have the chance to win a new iPad.
How to Enter
1. Upload a blog post on EPALE between 3rd October 2019 and 13th December 2019. Blogs must be relevant to those working/volunteering in the field of adult learning.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
a. your name;
b. your EPALE username and link to user profile;
c. your phone number (so we can contact you if you win);
d. your blog’s title and the link to your blog on EPALE.
3. Share your blog! One of the judging criteria is the amount of ‘likes’ the blogs get on EPALE.
If you have lots of blogs ideas, why not enter more than once? Just make sure you send a separate email about each blog entry.
There is no competition entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition. EPALE is free to use, co-funded by the European Union and in Ireland also SOLAS.
1. You must be a registered EPALE user.
2. When registering for EPALE your ‘country’ must be set to ‘Ireland’.
The following rules apply:
1. The competition is open to Irish registered members of EPALE. You can register for EPALE at https://ec.europa.eu/epale/en/user/register Please note that those registered on EPALE are not eligible for the competition unless their ‘country’ is set to ‘Ireland’ during registration.
2. You must be over the age of 18 to enter.
3. To enter the competition you must upload a blog between the 03/10-13/12/2019. Opening date for entry will be 03/10/2019. Blogs uploaded before this date are not eligible. Closing date for entry will be 13/12/2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
4. You must email the Irish EPALE National Support Service (EPALE Ireland NSS) at email@example.com to confirm your entry, with the following information: your name; your EPALE username and link to user profile; your phone number; your blog’s title and the link to your blog on EPALE.
5. No exceptions will be made for entries not received for any reason.
6. Entrants may enter as many blogs as they wish, however they must fill in a separate application email for each blog.
7. As EPALE is targeted at those working in adult education, blogs must be relevant to those working/volunteering in adult education.
8. As this is a competition for EPALE Ireland users, blogs must be written in either English or Gaeilge/Irish to be eligible.
9. Uploads to EPALE are moderated before they ‘go live’ on the site. Blogs’ content may be modified during the moderation process. Reasons for altering EPALE uploads include, but are not limited to: grammar/readability issues, explanation of abbreviations/terms which may be unfamiliar to those working in adult education outside of Ireland, to remove content deemed to conflict with EPALE’s terms and conditions of use, etc.
10. The prize is as follows: 1st prize is a new IPAD. 2nd prize is €150 OneForAll voucher.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are non-transferable.
11. Winners will be chosen based on the combination of:
a. a popular vote conducted via the EPALE site via the numbers of ‘likes’ received during the competition period (03/10-13/12/2019) on the eligible blogs, as measured, recorded and verified by the promoter (i.e. EPALE Ireland NSS);
b. a judging panel’s final decision (based on a number of factors including topic’s relevancy to adult educators and the blog’s quality).
12. The winners will be notified by email within 2 weeks of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick another winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as the use of their entry for the same.
15. By entering, you are providing your information to Léargas and EPALE. We will use your information with respect and keep it secure. You can ask us to delete or amend the data you provide us at any time. For more information, see the Privacy Notice on Léargas’ website found at https://www.leargas.ie/governance/
16. By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.
17. EPALE Ireland’s decision regarding eligibility for entry and the selection of winners is final.