In recent years there has been a shift in the educational community towards the STEM fields (Sience, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), as many studies have highlighted STEM's contribution to the development of important student skills. Educational robotics. thanks to its interdisciplinary character, it can be a powerful tool for planning STEM activities.
In addition, the use of educational robotics and STEM activities has been found to have positive effects on reducing school leakage and dropout, both of which are the scourge of the EPAL.
The aim of our project was to train 5 STEM professors in robotics and in particular:
- Acquiring knowledge of introductory and advanced programming techniques
- Acquiring knowledge of robot modeling
- Expanding their knowledge of sensor use and automation
with immediate consequence to the improvement of their educational work.
At the same time the teachers:
- Certified their knowledge and skills (Europass)
- They got to know Germany's education system
- Strengthened and developed their personality multifaceted through their participation in an innovative educational activity, whilst developing a spirit of teamwork and cooperation
- Encouraged to develop future innovative European programs and strategic partnerships
- Improved their language skills
The methodology followed was to attend a 1-week seminar at WBS Dresden and visit museums, cultural spots and sights, as well as a day trip to Leipzig.
The teachers who were trained were all STEM majors, two Mechanical Engineers, an Electrical Engineer, a Physicist and a Mathematician, with years of experience in education.
Achieving the above goals has the following benefits and benefits:
-the participating teachers are now able to meet the requirements of robotics knowledge so that their students, to whom they will transfer their acquired knowledge and skills, can more easily be absorbed into their respective jobs,
- the participating teachers will promote their lesson and the level of EPAL Evosmos services offered to the students concerned, improving the school's image in the local community and increasing its level of confidence in it.
- We look forward to this plan, in line with what has been the catalyst for the xenophobia, prejudice and ignorance of our partners' lifestyles and work, so as to combat the various forms of exclusion as far as possible and to strengthen self-confidence, self-preservation but also the team spirit of operation and communication.
For more information: https://blogs.sch.gr/esp-epal-evosm-erasmus/