Taking adult learning forward: What opportunities can be drawn from the COVID-19 crisis for Education, Sustainable Development, Social fairness and cohesion, and Democractic values
Sustainable Development, Social fairness and Democracy have become even more central (and discussed) topics in light of the COVID-19 crisis. This panel discussion will examine on the essential role of adult learning as a driver for change in these areas, through the interplay of diverse voices and experiences, coming from different contexts and parts of the world, from Europe to Asia, from Oceania to South America.
- David Atchoarena – Director of the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning
- José Roberto Guevara – Associate Professor of International Development at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Uwe Gartenschlaeger – President of The European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA)
- Timothy Ireland – Vice-president for Latin America International Council for Adult Education (ICAE)
- Shirley Walters – Professor Emerita at the University of Western Cape, South Africa and president of PASCAL International Membership Association (PIMA)