EBSN Online Courses on EPALE: Workplace basic skills & Family literacy policy and practice
The EBSN EPALE Team is glad to announce its second and third online course for policy-makers, experts and other professionals who have a stake in basic skills policy and are currently engaged in the implementation of the Upskilling Pathways recommendation. The two current MOOCs are addressing the policy level of basic skills provision in the context of the Upskilling Pathways by focusing on how Member States can support the formation of a more proactive, coherent policies on basic skills with a focus on workplace basic skills learning and family literacy interventions policy and practice.
The objectives of the MOOCs are
- to provide policy-makers with a learning and collaborative environment to gather information, exchange views and learn together;
- to generate highly relevant, engaging and up-to-date learning resources, which are easily accessible to policy-makers from anywhere and at any time;
- to provide EPALE users with opportunities to take part in an interactive learning process, and contribute to the generation of open learning resources in the field of workplace basic skills and family literacy policy and practice;
- to contribute to the repository of practices linked to Upskilling Pathways specifically targetted to workplace and family interventions.
Find more details about the two online courses including the course plans by following the links:
Who can join?
Anyone who is working on the national implementation of the Upskilling Pathways, workplace basic skills and family literacy initiatives can find relevant and up-to-date information and will have the opportunity to reflect on the their national context and have the chance to learn form other participants interactively. However the online course is especially useful for the professional work for
- policy-makers and decision-makers in the adult learning sector (European, national and local level: from ministries, executive agencies to AL institutions),
- other first-line workers serving the target group, including representatives of public employment services (PES) and employer organisations, chambers, trade unions
- relevant authorities at the local, regional and national level, but also European institutions/organisations active in the field.
What is it about?
The course plans of the MOOCs are partially based on the respective OER units in the Capacity Building Series of EBSN on EPALE:
Why should you participate?
Relevant experiences from the field
The materials compiled in the OERs will give the main body of the materials of the course, but there will be other, more specific resources and targetted activities added to the learning management platform. These course items not only present a more practical, experience-based view of AL professionals and policy-makers, but will also allow participants to gain a deeper insight into how workplace and family programs get implemented in the national or regional contexts.
The materials compiled in the OERs not only present a wider EU policy context, but also country and case-specific information about how to support efficient policies. Participants will get to now some of the European level stakeholders (networks, organisations) who have realised effective initiatives and programs for adults with basic skills needs.
The current MOOC provides you with a great opportunity to learn from the experiences of experts, policy workers and professionals who are currently working on the implementation of the Upskilling Pathways. The potential in peer learning is considerable. Participants can not only reflect on their own professional context, but can also learn about the challenges and problem-solving strategies of others from different countries.
How to register?
1. step: (If you have not yet registered to EPALE's learning management platform in the first MOOC) Register yourself with your e-mail and a username to EPALE's learning management system provided by Moodle. Follow the link, and click on 'CREATE NEW ACCOUNT'. Go through the details on Cookies Policy, and then agree to the MoodleCloud policy and MoodleCloud cookies policy. The final step is to give your personal information and log in credentials finish the registration.
Access EPALE's Moodle here: EBSN CBS on EPALE
2. Wait for a confirmation e-mail, and click on the link sent to you to finish your registration!
How to enrol?
Registration and enrolments are open from 4 October 2019. After completing registration, sign in to Moodle with your credentials and click on Enrol me. All the materials will be made visible by 18 October morning for participants to get familiar with the course content.
Should you have any questions, contact us via email!