Our adult education centre (CEPA Alonso Quijano), based in the town of Villarrobledo, offers education for more than 700 students from age 16 upwards. Our 30 teachers strive to help students to achieve their goals which are as diverse as their holders: be prepared for the job market, resuming the basic literacy skills or being part of a learning and supportive community. At this stage, our school provides the following educational services and official qualifications:
- Official Spanish Secondary Qualification aimed at +18 year-old-students
- Official tests for the Spanish Advanced Secondary Education Qualification ( Bachillerato )
- Official Spanish Professional Degree on Sociocultural and Touristic Animation
- Training Workshops for Official University Admission Tests aimed at +25 and +45- year- old students
- Basic IT Workshops for adults
- Beginner level English Workshops
- Literacy Workshops for Adults
Additionally, our centre is a hub for another five small schools ( called aulas ) in rural villages spread across the province of Albacete (El Bonillo, Alcaraz, Munera, Ossa de Montiel, Lezuza and Tiriez). We enable adult learners in these rural areas to have access to ongoing education. Reaching our students in the aulas represents a rewarding challenge for our professionals who give their best to encourage these students to keep their education in spite of a lack of job opportunities in rural areas, a widespread phenomenon of rural population shrinking and a need for a school community. Robust collaboration among teachers, teaching coordination and offering a supportive learning environment for our learners are key elements for our objectives.
We strongly believe in the importance of ongoing training for our teachers. That's why we would be very pleased to learn from other European adult education centers so we intend to apply for our first Erasmus+ KA1 Mobility project hosting two of our teachers for a job shadowing experience and exchanging ideas. We are determined and excited to start our new first Erasmus+ experience. We are open to different projects but we have a special interest in:
- ICT for distance/online learning
- Models of teaching coordination and collaboation
- Adult education in rural areas
- Formal and non-formal education
- Training courses for our trainees
It would be our first step towards a KA2 Strategic Partnership.
My name is Sergio Moya and I am a teacher in our school, If you are interested, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by!
Our school´s website: